Slow cooker chicken thighs served with hearty vegetables is a complete meal made easy! Tender pieces of chicken, potatoes, carrots, and corn, all simmered in a lemon garlic herb sauce.
Slow cooker chicken thighs are the perfect meal for lazy Sunday suppers or busy weeknight dinner. Protein and hearty root vegetables simmer in a light lemon sauce that infuses tons of flavor. To elevate this dish, sauteing the chicken before adding it to the vessel adds golden brown hues to the skin and crisp texture.
The chicken thighs braise in a Crock-Pot, creating tender pieces of meat and vegetables that absorb the fragrant gravy. Adding in fresh rosemary and thyme creates an earthy and comforting flavor in the sauce. Make sure to drizzle a little extra all over. It’s a guaranteed meal time hit!
- 4 bone-in chicken thighs, (681g) about 1 to 1 1/2 pounds
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, (7g) plus more for seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, plus more for seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, (15ml)
- 1 cup red onion, (120g) 1-inch dice
- 1 1/2 cups carrots, (230g) 1-inch pieces
- 1 pound baby red potatoes, (454g) cut in half
- 1 ear corn, cut into 4 pieces
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped garlic, (20g)
- 1 1/4 cup unsalted chicken stock, (300ml)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour, (26g)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, plus 4 wedges for serving
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- Trim excess skin and fat from the chicken thighs.
- Season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large saute pan over medium-high heat, once hot add 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Add chicken skin side down to the hot oil, cook until skin is golden in color, 5 minutes.
- Flip chicken and cook 2 minutes, transfer to a clean plate.
- Add onion, carrot, potatoes, corn, and garlic to slow cooker.
- In a medium-sized bowl whisk together 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, chicken stock, flour, and lemon juice, add to slow cooker.
- Add chicken, thyme, and rosemary to slow cooker.
- Cover and cook 2 to 4 hours on high setting or 4 to 6 hours on low setting, until the chicken is cooked through and potatoes are tender.
- Transfer chicken and vegetables to serving plates.
- Pour cooking liquid through a strainer if desired, whisk to combine and season as desired.
- Serve sauce and lemon wedges with the chicken dinner.