I just love margaritas. I crave them on warm, summery days. But they have to be made juuust right.
Margaritas are best when they’re homemade. I’ve never found a premade margarita mix that I like. They are all too sugary and just, well, fake tasting. Nothing can beat fresh lime juice.
Plus, those premade mixes have SO many calories! This delicious cucumber lime margarita only has 135 calories. It’s a drink both your mouth and waist will love.
- 2 cucumbers*, peeled, makes roughly 1.5 cups of juice
Cucumber Lime Margarita:
- 1–1/2 ounces silver tequila
- 1–1/2 ounces fresh lime juice (usually half a lime)
- 3 ounces cucumber juice
- lime and cucumber wedges for garnish
- Cucumber juice: Juice the peeled cucumbers in your juicer or blender. If using a blender, add the cucumber and blend for about 30-45 seconds until it looks like thick juice. Separate the pulp from the juice by setting a fine mesh strainer over a bowl or large measuring cup. Gently push on the pulp using a wooden spoon or spatula. There will be enough cucumber juice to make 4 margaritas.
- Margarita: In an 8 ounce glass filled with ice, add the tequila, lime juice and cucumber juice. Stir to combine. Garnish with a wedge of cucumber and lime.
- *I prefer regular cucumbers over english cucumbers since they have a higher water content and make more juice.
- If you like your margaritas on the sweeter side, stir in 1 teaspoon agave nectar.